CALL FOR PAPERS
The Baby-Boomer Area of the Popular Culture Association welcomes submissions on any aspect of this topic. Subjects of interest might include, but are not limited to:
- Post-War memories and nostalgia
- Post-War prosperity and the rise of the middle-class
- Educating the boomers
- Youth rebellion, disposable income, and leisure time
- Life in the suburbs: car culture, television, etc.
- Urbanization and White Flight
- The rise of de-industrialization
- Boomer retirement issues: life-style, social security, health care, etc.
- Politics, race and gender: Then and Now
- Cultural production: literature, film, etc.
- Advertising and boomer consumerism
- Boomers and technology
Submit a 100-250-words abstract.
Inquiries about possible papers or proposals for round table sessions or full panels are also welcomed and encouraged.
If your paper is accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter, and information on registration, PCA/ACA membership, hotel accommodations, etc.
Please send all inquires to:
James Von Schilling
Humanities & Soc. Sciences
Northampton Community College
Bethlehem, PA 18020
(610) 861- 4178
Fax: (610) 861-5877