CALL FOR PAPERS
Educators, librarians, archivists, scholars, independent researchers and students at all levels are encouraged to apply. Submissions that explore, connect, contrast, or otherwise address area themes of schooling and education, teaching throughout history, and their linkages to popular culture from all periods are desired. Sample topics for papers include, but are not limited to:
- Reflections/linkages between schooling and popular culture in the United States;
- The role of history in education, teaching, or preservice teacher education in the United States;
- The use(s) of popular culture in education, teaching, or preservice teacher education in the United States;
- How education has impacted pop culture/how popular culture has impacted education in the United States;
- Representations of teaching and/or schooling in popular culture throughout history in the United States;
- Cross-border/multinational examinations of popular culture and education;
- Using popular culture to subvert/supplement prescriptive curricula in schooling;
- The impact/emergence of LGBTQ studies in schooling and education;
- Means to re-integrate foundations of education into preservice teacher education;
- Tapping into popular technology to improve instruction;
- Multidisciplinary analyses of the interactions of schooling and popular culture.
To be considered, interested individuals should please prepare an abstract of between 100-250 words and submit electronically.
Graduate students are STRONGLY encouraged to submit their completed papers for consideration for conference award. Graduate students, early career faculty and those travelling internationally in need of financial assistance are encouraged to apply: http://pcaaca.org/grant/overview.php.
Decisions will be communicated within approximately two weeks of deadline. All presenters must be members of the American Culture Association or the Popular Culture Association by the time of the conference.
Please send all inquires to:
College of Education
University of Wyoming
Laramie, WY 82071