CALL FOR PAPERS
The Folklore and Popular Culture Area Chair of the PCA/ACA invites interested scholars to submit papers on any aspect of folklore and popular culture. We seek to examine the connections between folklore and popular culture, and papers regarding any aspect of these intersections are encouraged. Full panel presentations are encouraged.
Possible themes for papers/panels include but are not restricted to:
- Folklore in Popular Culture/Folklore as Popular Culture
- Influence of folklore on other forms of culture (literature, film, music, etc.)
- Folklore and Religion
- The difference between oral and literary sources of tradition
- Women in Folklore
- Folklore and children
- Uses of folklore
- Folklore and the Digital Age
- Folklore and Epic
- Illustrators/Illustration of folklore
- Folklore and memory/memory studies
- Symbolism in folklore
- The relationship between folklore and literary history
More information on the conference can be found on the PCA website.
Interested presenters should submit their abstracts by clicking here.
Please send all inquiries to:
Dr. Kathryn Edney, Regis College