All panels must be submitted through the submission database.
We have a new submission database in which Area Chairs can organize Panels, Panelists, and other special activities:
If you require the scholars in your area to submit through the database, you will find organizing their papers to be a breeze. We ask that you do not accept proposals by email. If you choose to do so, it is your responsibility to submit them through the database.
We will no longer enter panels or papers on behalf of submitters or area chairs.
Panels, Roundtables, and other Events:
Fully-formed panels: If you receive a full panel submission, we recommend that you have your panelists submit their papers individually, and then you can assemble them into the panel they proposed. This minimizes your work and puts the onus of spelling and correct titling on them.
Roundtables and other Events: You can submit roundtables and other events using the “Host a Meeting” option in the submissions database. Individual presenters cannot submit this type of meeting, so you will need to do it for them.
How to create and Format panels in the submission database site.
To organize presentations into a panel, first make sure you are logged in to the system (at http://ncp.pcaaca.org) and that you have clicked the appropriate link under “Your Areas”:
- Click “Add a new session for this area.” This should bring up the “Create a Session” window.
- Under “Title,” begin with the correct name of your area, followed by a Roman numeral (corresponding to which panel it is within the area), a colon, and then a brief descriptor (Example: Gay, Lesbian & Queer Studies II: Ideologies, Politics, and Culture.) (Note: One easy way to address requests by presenters to be scheduled earlier or later in the conference is to give the panels to which their presentations are assigned lower or higher Roman numerals. Normally, for example, Gay, Lesbian & Queer Studies I would be earlier in the conference than Gay, Lesbian & Queer Studies V.)
- Under “Session Chair,” supply the name and affiliation of the intended panel chair (make sure the panel chair has agreed to serve beforehand.)
- You may supply a brief description if you wish; it is not necessary and will not appear in the printed program.
- Provide, in order, the presentations/presenters. Click the spyglass icon to the right of the window for the first presentation. This should provide a listing of the presentations you have accepted. (Note: you must have approved presentations before you can add them to panels.) Select one by clicking on it.
- Repeat #5 for the second presentation in the panel.
- To add additional presentations beyond two, you will need first to click on the “Add Another” for the third window to appear. Again, repeat #5.
- When you have added all of the presentations for this panel (we strongly recommend four per panel), scroll down and click the “Save” button.
- Repeat #1 to add another panel.
- The program planner will assign days, times, rooms, and session numbers to each panel. If these fields should appear in the panel window, please leave them blank.
If you have special requests (day or time restrictions, co-sponsoring areas, etc.) please e-mail them to Joe Hancock (email@example.com) when you have assembled the last of your panels. We cannot guarantee that these requests will be honored, but we will try.
Technical trouble: Individuals or Area Chairs having technical difficulties with the submissions database should first refer to the submission database help page, and then contact Bruce Drushel, VP of Area Chairs if the trouble persists.
Physical constraints: Individuals who cannot use the database for physical reasons should contact Joe Hancock for alternate submission options.