To avoid double submissions, scheduling problems, and delays, we recommend the following:
- Respond to submissions within two weeks of receiving them;
- Notify the submitters that their submissions have been received; (this step is automated by the submission database, but many chairs reach out personally anyway)
- Tell them when they may expect a response;
- Read the submissions as quickly as possible;
- Notify the submitters of acceptance or rejection in a timely fashion (so they may submit to other areas if they desire).