The best way to increase the number of good panel submissions is to send out a Call for Papers (CFP), describing the panel topic.
Places to Post
Subject Area Chairs may wish to post a Call For Papers notice to the H-Net listserv site, an international source of information for scholars. For H-Net information, click on the H-PCAACA Discussion List at left in the blue margin area. Information about H-Net appears, along with a link for posting announcements.
Below are listservs that might suit your subject area. Some require signing up with the listserv. Follow the directions at the site for placing a CFP with the server.
- The UPenn English listserv
- Listserv for Southeast Europe
- LexisNexis Academic Listserv
- Literary Academic Discussion Groups List
- Another place you should send out your call for papers is through Design Studies Forum. Email Carma Gorman at cgorman@SIU.EDU. You will need to have your CFP embedded in the email.
Regardless of where Area CFP’s are posted, please post CFPs as soon as possible. We ask that all CFPs be updated on the PCA/ACA site by August 15th of the year prior to the conference.
Key information for your CFP
- PCA/ACA 2014 National Conference in Chicago, Illinois
- Your Area’s title
- Scope of the paper topics accepted under this area (usually, the broader the scope, the greater number of submissions)..
- Submission requirements:
- abstract only (recommended) or full paper
- number of words required for either (usually 100 – 250 words for abstract).
- link to the submissions database site (http://ncp.pcaaca.org/)
- Deadline for submission: November 1st
- Your Contact information: (We recommend using your professional contact information.)