We’re pleased to announce, for the second year, a travel grant for scholars of Popular Romance, funded by a generous donation from American romance novelist Kathleen Gilles Seidel and administered by the Romance Area. See below for details:
Kathleen Gilles Seidel Travel Grant for Scholars of Popular Romance
This grant is intended to foster the future of scholarship on romance in genre fiction, film, TV, and other forms of popular culture by funding travel costs for younger scholars attending the 2015 PCA/ACA national conference in New Orleans from 1-4 April 2015.
Grantees will receive funds to support travel to the conference: $300 for travel within the United States, $600 for international travel. The funds will be disbursed by check or cash at the conference.
Deadline for application: 31 December 2014
To apply for this grant, applicants:
- may be international or from the United States.
- may be tenure-stream junior faculty, non-tenure-stream faculty, independent scholars, or graduate students (MA, PhD, or Post-doc).
- must have a presentation accepted for the 2014 PCA/ACA National Conference.
- must send their application by 31 December 2014
- Tenured faculty are not eligible to apply for or receive Seidel Travel funds.
- Area Chairs may apply as long as they are not tenured.
- Applicants may be scheduled to present their work in any area of the PCA/ACA, not just the Romance area. The names of all applicants will be made available to the Romance Area co-chairs.
- Applications will be evaluated by a committee consisting of Prof Eric Murphy Selinger (PCA/ACA Romance Area Co-chair, Executive Editor of the Journal of Popular Romance Studies), Prof. Pamela Regis (President of IASPR and Director of the Nora Roberts Center for American Romance at McDaniel College) and Prof. Catherine Roach (Editorial Board member of JPRS and published romance novelist).
To apply, download and fill out the application form below. Then send it by email no later than 31 December 2014 to Prof Eric Murphy Selinger <[email protected]>
Kathleen Gilles Seidel Travel Grant Application form: