CALL FOR PAPERS
Call for proposals: Papers, Sessions, Panels
Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association Annual Conference April 12-15, 2017 at the Marriott Marina, San Diego, CA
The Sixties area of the Popular Culture Association welcomes submissions on any aspect of popular culture from the era. Topics of interest might include, but are not limited to:
- Film, television, and radio of the era
- Analysis of influential books/authors or arts/artists
- Religion and spirituality
- Sex, drugs, and rock ‘n roll
- Music and fashion as cultural expression and consumer culture
- New social arrangements e.g. communes, back to the land movement
- 1968 or other significant dates, places, or events, e.g. Days of Rage, etc.
- Countercultural movements—Hippies, SDS, Black Panther Party, the White Panther Party, etc.
- Politics and protests of the era e.g. Civil Rights, Vietnam
- Race and gender issues e.g. the 1968 Olympic Project for Human Rights, NOW
- Media reactions and representations
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: October 1, 2016.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by October 30, 2016.
For individual papers, please submit a title and 100-250-word abstract.
Inquiries about possible papers or proposals for round table sessions or full panels are also welcomed and encouraged. For themed paper sessions, each presenter must enter her/his own presentation and then contact the area chair to assemble them into a panel.
All proposals should be submitted online via the PCA/ACA website: http://ncp.pcaaca.org. More information about the submission process can be found here: http://pcaaca.org/national-conference/proposing-a-presentation-at-the-conference/
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about topics, process, or the conference in general.
Kevin M. Moist
Associate Professor of Communications
Communications Program Chair
Penn State Altoona
3000 Ivyside Park
Altoona, PA 16601