CALL FOR PAPERS
Women’s Studies Area of the Popular Culture Association and American Culture Association Joint Conference
The Popular Culture Association and American Culture Association invites submissions for individual papers, and for complete panels, for its Women’s Studies area.
We welcome papers and panels on any facet of popular culture relating to the study of women and gender, including, not by no means limited to:
- Women’s participation in, and creation of, literary works and print culture
- Women’s involvement as consumers and producers of film and television culture, and representations of women within television and film
- Women as the subjects of, audiences for, and responders to advertising
- Women’s engagement with popular music, as artists, consumers, and fans
- Women’s engagement with social media and their work as bloggers and cultural critics
ALL PROPOSALS AND ABSTRACTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE PCA DATABASE FOR CONSIDERATION.
Please send all inquires to:
Holly M. Kent, Ph.D.
Department of History
University of Illinois, Springfield